Building a Legacy
You can make a difference in someone’s life. With every volunteer, someone gets closer to having somewhere to call home. Whether you have never picked up a hammer before or you’ve built many houses, we would love to have you spend a Saturday with us!
Our current build is taking place at 1404 Belvedere St., Kokomo, IN, 46902. We typically start building around 8:30 AM and end by 4:30 PM. Lunch is provided through our wonderful donors in Howard County.
We encourage potential volunteers to please sign-up online (via the link below). This helps us to have an idea of how many to expect for lunch and also for the type of work we might try to get done on a given work day.
Click here to access the sign-up for the house build at 1404 Belvedere.
For more information, see habitatkokomo.com.
Tired of Renting?
Mortgage payments are often less than current rent. The next Habitat for Humanity Information Meetings will be:
- 10AM–12PM | Saturday, September 14
- 6PM–8PM | Wednesday, September 18
Both meetings will be held in the Basement Conference Room at the Kokomo Public Library (220 N. Union St., Kokomo).
This is for people interested in becoming homeowners. This is the first step in becoming a part of the Habitat Homeownership Program.
The essential criteria for becoming a Habitat Partner Family include:
- Need for adequate shelter
- Ability to pay for the Habitat home
- Willingness to partner and participate with building your home
- We are looking for low-income working families with a gross monthly income of at least $1,400 per month. (Detailed income charts can be found at habitatkokomo.com.)
Some of the benefits of partnering with Habitat for Humanity include:
- Cost of home below appraised value
- Input into home design and interior choices
- Support/advocacy program
Applications will be handed out at the meeting. No RSVP needed. For more information call Katie at (765) 452-2185.